The Investment Association is the trade body that represents UK investment managers who manage over £5.5 trillion on behalf of clients.
· Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
· Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
· Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
· Help people achieve their financial aspirations
· Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
· Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital
· The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
· The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 37% of all assets managed in Europe.