30 November 2017
Reporter: Barney Dixon

Colonial secures €416 million for Axiare takeover

Inmobiliaria Colonial has secured €416 million as part of its takeover bid of Axiare Patrimonio Scoimi.

Colonial, which already owns nearly 29 percent of Axiare’s capital, launched the bid earlier in November to secure the remaining 71 percent. The total transaction value is €1.2 billion

The Spanish office building developer raised €338 million through an accelerated placement process by institutional investors, with additional treasury shares worth €78 million.

On 21 November, Colonial secured €800 million in unsecured bonds.

Juan José Brugera, chairman of Colonial, said that there were “many synergies arising from this transaction, which predispose us to create a core product that addresses the growth on demand, maximising value return to our shareholders”.

He added: “We recognise in Axiare an excellent track-record in value generation carried out by its management team, fully coinciding with the strategy and market focus that Colonial has maintained and is expected to maintain in the coming years.”

More European news
The latest news from Real Estate Investment Times
Join Our Newsletter

Sign up today and never
miss the latest news or an issue again

Subscribe now
Tristan fund makes first foray into Germany
07 December 2017 | Bonn | Reporter: Stephanie Palmer
The CCP 5 long-life fund, a core-plus fund advised by Tristan Capital Partners, has made its first investment in Germany, acquiring an office complex in Bonn for €35 million
Link Asset Services appointed as real estate fund administrator
06 December 2017 | London | Reporter: Stephanie Palmer
Warehouse REIT, a specialist warehouse investor managed by Tilstone Partners, has selected Link Asset Services for fund administration
Dutch portfolio sold for €200 million
05 December 2017 | Amsterdam | Reporter: Stephanie Palmer
Patrizia Immobilien AG has sold a portfolio of 61 residential properties in the Netherlands, for around €200 million
Worcestershire pension fund commits £20 million to AEW fund
01 December 2017 | Worcestershire | Reporter: Barney Dixon
The Worcestershire County Council Pension Fund has committed £20 million to the AEW UK Real Return Fund, bringing the fund to a total of £86 million
Colonial secures €416 million for Axiare takeover
30 November 2017 | Madrid | Reporter: Barney Dixon
Inmobiliaria Colonial has secured €416 million as part of its takeover bid of Axiare Patrimonio Scoimi
AXA IM - Real Assets completes Leipzig shopping centre acquisition
29 November 2017 | Leipzig | Reporter: Jenna Lomax
AXA IM - Real Assets has completed the acquisition of a shopping centre in Leipzig, Germany, for €132.5 million
Allianz and ABN AMRO provide €300 million loan for Dutch office
24 November 2017 | Amsterdam | Reporter: Theo Andrew
The consortium, comprised Amundi Real Estate and several Korean investors, purchased the 60,000-square metre property, constructed in 1976 but recently refurbished